This March, the Women’s Health Research Institute is celebrating Women’s History Month by paying tribute to the women who have shaped the fields and science and medicine. Through a series of blog posts, we will highlight female scientists, physicians, and scholars who have furthered our understanding of health and disease.
Below we’ve compiled just a few local and national resources which support and promote women in science and medicine.
- Women in Science Field Museum Chicago
- Association for Women in Science Chicago
- Association for Women in Science (AWIS)
- Graduate Women in Science (GWIS)
- Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- American Medical Women's Association (AMWA)
- Sociologist for Women in Society (SWS)
Northwestern University Organizations
- Women's Health Summer Program (WHSP) Here at Northwestern
- AWIS Outreach
- UIC Women in Stem Education (WISE)
- Girls 4 Science